Koh Tee Huat

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Happenings before March Holiday

1Mar to 8Mar
The 2 weeks before March Holiday was hectic as I did alot of marking, compiled and did the PPR for students, buying things at beach road for NCC March Camp, 'lecturing' 2A-ians and during CE(Character Education) lesson on Thurs(8Mar) I did a 'Sharing' with 2A-ians on how fortunate we are comparing with so many people around the world so instead of having the 'self-pity' mentality at the low points in our lives, we need to self-love. I also 'shared' with them why they must WORK HARD and ALWAYS DO THEIR BEST . The learning points from the 'sharing' is now pasted on class 2A notice board on the right side of the whiteboard.

9 Mar
The term ended with Meet-the-Parents (MTP) session on Friday (9Mar). I always enjoy talking with parents and students. I'm a parent myself and I know I want my children's teacher to share more on their behaviours, attitudes and progress in school. I sincerely wish to spend more time chit-chating with each parent. However, as I look at the parents waiting, I told myself better stop and move on to the next ones. On and off, the last parents left at 9.30pm and I've a chitchat with co-mentor, CL, on the unhappy things that happen among 2A students in term 1. Let see whether 2A-ians have more TEAMWORK and whether 2A-ians HAVE SHARED VISION AND WORK TOWARD COMMON GOALS in term 2.

The term ended with NCC Camp from friday(9Mar) night, 9pm to sunday(11Mar) 4.30pm. The NCC Specs and CLT took turns to look for me to ask some questions after MTP session. By the time I finished with them, it was 12am. Drove back home and my daughters were already asleep. Read through the SOP of the march camp well prepared by the Specs and previous CLTs. A new day and the March Holiday started with me sleeping at 2 am on Sat(10mar) (very early morning), haha!



 
This counter started on 16 June 2008: Free Site Counters