Koh Tee Huat

Monday, September 04, 2006

Teachers' Day Celebration 2006

It has been 4 months since I last blog.

I am very honoured to receive the 'Innovative Teacher Award' this year. A million thanks to the people who nominated me. I will definitely continue to think of interesting ways to conduct lessons.

During the concert, the 2 dances were also good; the dance moves were great and well coordinated and I can see there is cohesion. I am really glad to see that the 2 teams have the passion and teamwork to make the dance performance a reality, after I approached them last term whether they wish to perform during teachers' day concert.

The band performance was very lively. I kept looking at the drummer's movement as he was so skillful and animated. Well Done. The instructor was also so sporting to perform. Great job, band. SYF 07, here we come.

Sorry to 1A-ians I can only stay in the classroom for 5 mins, as I am helping the staff well-being committee and I am leaving school early to bring lucky draw prizes to the restaurant where we have a teachers' day lunch. (It is a tradition to have teachers' day lunch every year.) Sorry 2C & 3I, I did not manage to go to your classes. You all are always in my heart.

Thanks for all the handshakes, cards, souvenirs and well-wishes.

Thanks for all the motivation and inspiration for me to carry on with my duty as a teacher. Teachers need motivation too.

For the Sept school holiday, I am going to scale Mount Ophir (Malaysia) with the Sec 3 NCC cadets, (4days, 4 nite, 4/9 Mon nite to 8/9 Fri). I am looking forward to it, as I always like outdoor activities (I grew up in a kampong) and the last mountain I climbed was 8 years ago in Nepal. Hope my knees can stay intact.

Bye for now.


 
This counter started on 16 June 2008: Free Site Counters