Koh Tee Huat

Saturday, April 29, 2006

You get what you focus on!

I finally completed the Sec1 Express Maths syllabus for MYE last week with class 1A & 1C (Yeh..) and started revision for Mid Year Examination. On Friday, after a Maths quiz with class 1C, as my laptop’s wallpaper showed a tiger, I took the opportunity to talk to 1C’s students about how an animal is focused when it is going after its prey. I also told them how a magnifying glass placed under the sun can create fire and burn a paper because of focus point. However, if we keep moving the magnifying glass, the paper will not be burned as there is no focus point. I said that it is the same in life. Be focus and we can create something (like the fire) out of nothing. I ended the ‘philosophical’ talk by leaving them with the phrase:
“You get what you focus
on!”


 
This counter started on 16 June 2008: Free Site Counters