Koh Tee Huat

Monday, February 27, 2006

I Ran in the Annual Road Run!

I wish to share that I ran with the Lower Sec boys during the Annual Road Run last Friday, 24th Feb 06. The route is 3.2km in the neighbourhood around the school compound. I just recovered from a flu before the run, and I have not jogged for a month. The run was tiring in the process. I told myself to PERSIST and press on. Along the way, good to see that some pupils that I overtook, caught up and overtook me again. It was very satisfying when I reached the finishing line and I felt a sense of achievement.

When I finished my run, I went behind the classroom block to cheer the rest of the boys and girls (including Upper Sec boys and girls) that are coming in till the last ones. Hopefully, at that moment of concentration at the final lapse, words from me like “You are reaching the finishing line, 100m less! PERSIST ALL THE WAY!”, “That’s right , PRESS ON!” which I shouted for them stick in their mind and is useful in other areas of their life, like study, CCA and other things (this is some psychological subconscious mind staff, which I learned somewhere).


 
This counter started on 16 June 2008: Free Site Counters