Koh Tee Huat

Saturday, February 04, 2006

About Marking Maths Homework

Maths is one of the subjects that have a lot of homework so that the concepts taught are reinforced and rehearsed. Pupils spend a lot of time doing Maths homework. So far, I have to spend a lot of time marking like a machine and the homework keep coming in as we have homework every lesson. I can’t finish marking homework.

Thinking through, I am thinking time can better be used to prepare more interesting lessons or marking tests instead of marking and marking the non-stop homeworks. Pupils can have self-directed learning and feedback by marking on their own as basically the answers for the homework are at the back of the textbook. I can go through some of the more difficult questions in the classroom. I also have regular class test every week to test pupils understanding of the important topics.

I will discuss this with 1A and 1C. I find that so far, they have a lot of initiative on their own learning. Let experiment this like a science experiment and check the result.


 
This counter started on 16 June 2008: Free Site Counters